Beneficial microorganisms in a concentrated liquid suspension. This is the concentrated version of the BRF-1A Superbugs RTU (Ready To Use). BRF-1A 10X may be used as is or may be diluted by following the preparation instructions. Enviro-Reps' specially tested and formulated Superbugs products exceed by many times the low-yield formulas sold by our competitors.
Areas of application
Ornamental ponds, water gardens, fish tanks, race ways, holding tanks, and closed aquatic systems with less than 10 - 15% water exchange per day.
Purpose of using product
- Boost effectiveness of biofilter
- Degrade decaying organic matter, including excess fish food, leaves, fecal matter, sludge.
- Avoid use of chemicals
- Improve water clarity
- Reduce foul smells
- Improve water quality
- Increase beneficial microbial population
- Results in clean healthy water
- Important step in water quality management
- Reduced organics
- Reduced back flushing of filters
- Concentrated formula reduces shipping weight and cost
These dosage rates are only if the 10X will be used as is. If the 10X will be diluted to RTU (after following the preparation instructions) use the BRF-1A Superbugs RTU dosage rates.
Seeding dosage: This is the first dosage and will provide a significant boost to the system. Double the maintenance dose determined below. Many water systems will not need treatment during the cold winter months. Anticipate doing a seeding dosage once a year in early spring.
Maintenance dosage: 3 to 5 oz. per 10,000 gallons per week during months when the water temperature is above 50o F (10o C). Microorganisms are not significantly active when temperatures are under 50o F.
- 3 oz. per 10,000 gallons for systems in good shape (low stocking density of fish, adequate filtration, low ammonia, and good aeration/circulation)
- 5 oz. per 10,000 gallons for systems in need of significant organic reduction and systems with high stocking densities.
- 4 oz. per 10,000 gallons per week is the average dosage rate. Most systems will do fine with this amount.
Pour near water falls, pump outlets, filtration, and fountains where water movement will circulate product throughout system. If system is equipped with a filter, pour half the dosage
into the filter, half into the pond. Ponds with none of the above should have the product poured evenly around the edges.
Handling and storage
Storage temperature of 40o F to 75o F is optimal. Freezing should be avoided as it will change the look and smell of the bugs with a slight reduction in microbial count. High heat (above 90o F) should also be avoided, especially long-term exposure.
Shelf life is 18 months under optimal storage temperatures.